Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chili Peppers

8" x 10" Oil on Canvas Panel
$100

I love spicy food and the fresher the better! I am famous for my spicy chili. When my son asked me for my recipe, he added fresh jalepenos to his batch. WOW, was that fantastic! It adds a fresh spiciness that's really yummy. That’s how I make it for my husband and I now. These three red chili peppers were so warm in color, I decided to use a cooler brown for the background. I think the contrast is pretty interesting. What do you think? This painting is a bit more spontaneous than many of my paintings and I really like the looseness that resulted. I hope you do too! Click here to email me for purchase details.

2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Wow, Doris! The sheen on those peppers really set them apart from the texture of the rocks behind them. Nice interpretation!

Susan

A Painting A Day by Diana Marshall said...

beautiful chilies, they shimmer with heat, gorgeous painting, like all of your other paintings.