Monday, July 28, 2008

Chickadee ~ Commissioned Painting

9" x 12" Oil on Stretched Canvas
Commissioned Painting - The Watercolor Study is in a Previous Post
The client who commisioned this work asked me to do this painting for his wife who "has a soft spot for chickadees". I loved doing this painting as I am a chickadee fan as well. They flit around my feeders, enjoying the seeds, sometimes being chased away by the threatening presence of the blackbird bullies. I have hundreds of photographs I have taken of them and never tire of their charming form. They, along with the titmouse visitors, are among my favorites. My client's wife is having a birthday soon and this will be his gift to her. I must say, I have really enjoyed working with him on this project. He requested a suggested background of the vibrant colors of autumn so I went bold with the colors surrounding this little fellow. The painting will be shipped to its new home this week. I hope the recipient will enjoy the painting as much as I did painting it! Click here to contact me if you would like information on a pricing schedule for a commissioned watercolor or oil painting. It's really quite affordable. For the price of a designer handbag you could own original artwork representing a special person, memory or location.
To receive notification of new paintings in your inbox, click here to subscribe.

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Doris, these colors just sing! That chickadee is so lucky to live in such a glowing world. I am certain your client's wife will be thrilled with this. I don't remember if you said what size this is? I like this a lot and enjoy that you share them with us on your blog. Great work!