Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Commissioned Gift - Digital Artwork


Completed Project
(click to enlarge)


Original Photograph

I really love doing commissioned work. Collaborating with a client to bring their vision to reality is extremely rewarding in the creative sense. In the case of digital artwork, it is amazingly affordable and makes a wonderful keepsake and gift.

I was hired to create an edgey and colorful digital artwork from a photo of this public building where my client worked. This is to be a gift for a co-worker who is moving on to another job. The photograph that was provided was a good candidate but the building itself was not exactly picturesque. As you can see from the photograph, there was the peeling paint, obtrusive electric lines, an unattractive sign on the building and a neighboring car and house to contend with. My client is a delightful person who knows precisely what she wants so I was able to create the artwork fairly quickly. All of the offending elements were removed and the desired charm was effectively applied. I'm very happy to report that she is quite pleased with the results. The digital image is off to the printer today and it will be shipped to the client tomorrow.

Click here to email me about a commissioned piece for you!

3 comments:

Jane and Fran said...

Good work, Doris. This enhancement is just that, an enhancement, and much better looking than the original.
Jane

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Isn't it wonderful that we can now take the ordinary and, on the computer, turn it more to extraordinary? This is a lovely print now.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Oh Doris! How happy am I that you have been restored....my faith in Google has been restored, also! This is cool that my old link now works again...I never lost faith!

Welcome back to Blogdom.