Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boats at Twilight

18" x 24" Oil on Canvas
This is a scene from the bank of windows inside a local restaurant, Wright's Seafood Restaurant. It's one of our favorite places for seafood and this wonderful view is of the Chincoteague Bay with Wallops Island back at the horizon. Click the image for a better view. Wallops Island is home to a NASA installation here on the east coast. I hope you enjoy the view as we always do! This was interesting to paint since the orange sherbet sky reflected in the water presented a new challange. Since I also took a photo of our dinner that evening, I think I'll post it too! This painting is currently a part of my one woman show in the Foyer Gallery at the Art Institute & Gallery in Salisbury, MD. Scroll down to learn more about it. The show closes November 15th. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing this painting.

No comments: