Thursday, July 9, 2009

Student Exhibit at Delmarva Discovery Center

Amazed at My Student's First Art Exhibit

The Delmarva Discovery Center had its Grand Opening on June 25th. Among all of the museum exhibits and displays and in the middle of all the festivities, the Center's first student art exhibit was taking place. It was an incredibly enjoyable experience to see many of my students mingling with the crowd, enjoying the reaction and enthusiasm for the many paintings they had on display. Most of the work submitted was by students at the beginner level. You can imagine, I felt sort of like a proud parent taking it all in! Thanks to the Center for its commitment to the art program and to my wonderful students for stepping out onto a brand new stage! More to come! Thanks to student, Jan Coulbourne for allowing me to digitally "play" with her photo.

No comments: