Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blue Heron

9" x 12" Watercolor on 200lb Waterford
Since I live on the east coast, a blue heron standing in reeds is not an uncommon site. However, I don't think I could ever see one of these majestic birds and not react with amazement. They are simply graceful and powerful at the same time. I enjoyed painting this one and look forward to doing it in a larger size. Click the image for a larger view or if you receive my posts via email, you can always click on the post title (in this case, "Blue Heron") and it will take you to my blog where it is posted.

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

You really captured him and his rgal stature. Beautiful.

RHCarpenter said...

I've seen a lot of your paintings that I love - and this is definitely one of them! So serene, so powerful, so beautifully painted!

Carl said...

wonderful! I really like this one.

fairyform said...

Kind of reminds me of those Chinese paintings. But yours has a stronger and much more realistic feel to it. You captured the softness and beauty of this bird while retaining its innate sturdy bearing.