Monday, July 26, 2010

Young Fishermen

Young Fishermen
Oil on Canvas, 16" x 20"
I adore little boys! I have a son, several adorable nephews and a new grandson! Little boys are so much fun to observe as they go about their activities. We were fortunate enough to camp on the banks of a body of water that flows into the Chesapeake Bay earlier this spring. The fishing dock at Tall Pines Harbor was a favorite spot for various groups of little campers. They had such a grand time casting their rods and sharing fish stories that weekend. I never did see any of them catch a fish but it didn't dampen their spirits (or hopes for the big one) at all! Of course, I knew I would paint them and I had so much fun with this one that I will be doing a series of Young Fishermen paintings! Click the image for a better view. I hope you like this one. This painting has already sold (at Plein Air Easton) but prints are available. Stay tuned for some new paintings in the series. If you'd like to receive my blog posts in your inbox, just click on the link at the top right of the blog page. Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

WONDEFUL!!!

Vicki Greene said...

I love it! This painting certainly tell a story.

Ilene Rubin said...

Hi. I wanted to let you know that I saw the first post, with just the boy on a working canvas that was not finished yet. I love the progressive posts; it really shows the process of how you tackle a project. The finished painting is beautiful.

Ilene Rubin
www.IleneRubin.com

Susan Cook said...

Doris, This is our bigger three in a few years! Gavin is already hugely into fishing and trying to get the other two interested. Great painting!

Carl said...

Wonderful! I love this one.

Laura. said...

Oh, I've seen some of your watercolours paintings and I think that is great! I'm studying Arts at high school and I had to paint with watercolours and it isn't easy! By the way, have you a flickr? Because of your photographies.. ^^

Maricel Lustiva said...

when i was 10 i always beg for my father to go fishing, when i saw this painting of yours.. it reminds me of those days. Fishing gives me that unexpainable joy and happiness